Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jerome 5 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 16:40
    jerome

"Login.aspx" screen after build from source 4.6.1 in VS2010

Hello,

I have a problem with my settings for umbraco. I've got source code 4.6.

When I build in VS2010, it launches the asp.net developpement server and the only screen I can reach is "Login.aspx".

I thought I could see the install wizard after the first build....

What do I need to do to reach the configuration screens ? Is there a line in the web.config to modify?

Thank you

Jérôme

• Alex 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 18:04
    Alex

I'm working on a similar setup (got the 4.7 source code, first build) and I run in the exact same issue. I keep getting this URL in my browser :

http://localhost/umbraco.presentation/umbraco/login.aspx?redir=%2fumbraco.presentation%2finstall%2fdefault.aspx%3fredir%3dtrue%26url%3d%2fumbraco.presentation%2fdefault.aspx

My web.config file keeps gettings replaced by some sort of Build Event yet I can't find why in the project properties. Seems like it might be the default.build or something. Tried to edit the default template web.config, to no avail.

I set up an app pool with network services (tried Classic and Integrated pipeline modes), granted Everyone all rights.Forms authentication is enabled, so is anonymous auth (with Network services as an ID)

I'm running out of ideas. Anyone knows what the problem is?

• E.J. Brennan 73 posts 114 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 19:59
    E.J. Brennan

There is a post-build event on the umbraco.presentation project - you need to get to it by editing the project file directly. It copies over your web.config file everytime it recompiles.

here is how mine looks, now commented out. (Drove me crazy too until I found it). You right-clik the project and select 'Edit Project file', it is down towards the bottom of the file (in my file it is around line 3230).

<!--    
      <Target Name="AfterBuild">
        <Copy SourceFiles="web.STANDARD.config" DestinationFiles="web.config" />
        <Xslt RootTag="" Inputs="web.config" Output="Web.$(COMPUTERNAME).config" Xsl="web.config.$(COMPUTERNAME).xslt" Condition="Exists('web.config.$(COMPUTERNAME).xslt')" />

<Copy Condition="Exists('web.$(COMPUTERNAME).config')" SourceFiles="web.$(COMPUTERNAME).config" DestinationFiles="web.config" SkipUnchangedFiles="true" />
      </Target>
    -->

• jerome 5 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 10, 2011 @ 11:41
    jerome

Thank you E.J, and Alex

When building the project in VS2010, Umbraco replaces the web.config connectionString (umbracoDbDSN) with the one from web.STANDARD.config.

I also had to put an empty string in this key umbracoConfigurationStatus ="" in order to be able to launch the install wizard for a fresh installation.

Now everything seems OK.

Thanks

Jérôme

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft