Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mots 44 posts 75 karma points
    Dec 13, 2010 @ 12:56
    mots

Different location for Media folder?

Hi,

The media folder is always contained in the root of the site and this is where all media files are saved and referenced from.

Is there a way to move the media folder to a different location on the computer (for example to C:\media) rather than have it in the root of the site. And as a result all media items added via Umbraco are saved in this new location and referenced from here too.

Thanks.

Dec 17, 2010 @ 18:59
    mots

I found a solution to this. Basically I moved the original media folder from the root of my site to a location where I wanted it to be on my computer. Then in IIS, for that website I added a new virtual directory, called it "media" and pointed it to the physical media folder I previously moved. It works great!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 18, 2010 @ 16:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mots

Happy that you found a solution for your issue and this could probably also benefit others as well.

I'm just posting to let you and others know that it's actually possible to change the default folder by adding an appsetting to the web.config - you should check out this wiki entry additional-umbraco-specific-appsettings

/Jan

• Aron 7 posts 107 karma points
    Sep 21, 2016 @ 12:06
    Aron

Im facing the same issue, but the link is dead. Do you know where i can find this information?

• Bill Haggerty 43 posts 177 karma points
    Oct 11, 2016 @ 20:07
    Dec 20, 2010 @ 13:02
    mots

Excellent! I was looking everywhere to configure this setting but just couldnt find the solution. Now I have two, Thanks!

• Maria Castro 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 20, 2012 @ 19:08
    Maria Castro

I installed Umbraco like an application inside an existen application.  I was having issues with the media file, then I create a virtual directory like most suggest and the pictures begin to be displayed.  I am usign u.mediaSliderImages.xslt from the examples and when I add a new picture I am getting a error with the path of the new pictures.  That only happen with the new pictures in the media folder.  Does anyone has this problem? or know how to solve it?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft