Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shannon 148 posts 171 karma points
    Jun 25, 2010 @ 21:06
    Shannon

Issues installing Umbraco 4.5 source on Windows 7/VS2010

I am trying to get started in development of my website and plugins using Umbraco. When I download the binaries from Codeplex, the installation and running of the website works fine. When I downloaded the source code, All I get is a login screen even when the web.config files are the same. Am I doing something wrong or is there something I missed.

The path I use to map IIS to is

branches\4.1.0\umbraco\presentation

• Gianluca 56 posts 79 karma points
    Jun 25, 2010 @ 21:25
    Gianluca

Hi Shannon,

Umbraco Source compilation and building process are handled by nAnt and MsBuild. 

You can even perform the operation manually but I am sure you agree in saying that running a .build script file is easier.

Also, you are talking about building umbraco 4.5. In that case I am not entirely sure you want to map your IIS to branches\4.1.0\etc.

In versioning systems (like the one used by codeplex, where Umbraco project is hosted), "branches" are forks of the main version, which is normally stored in" trunk".

Nevertheless, in order to run Umbraco, a certain folder structure is required; if you build the platform without any script helping you in performing the task, you'll need to do that by your own as well. 

Let me know if you need any help,

Cheers,

Gianluca.

• Marco Lusini 176 posts 1370 karma points
    Jun 25, 2010 @ 23:05
    Marco Lusini

Be sure to use a blank string  for the umbraco version in web.config, otherwise it won't start the installation wizard...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft