Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kyle 7 posts 77 karma points
    May 10, 2018 @ 14:57
    Kyle

User Login When userDisabled/userNoConsole = 1

I'm working on functionality for our Umbraco instance that will allow site administrators to lock all non-Admins out of the backoffice. To do this, I've tried setting umbracoUser values to 1 for both userDisabled and userNoConsole properties.

When a user is disabled as mentioned, the user can come to the login screen to try to login. They are told that the login failed. However, in the DB, the umbracoUserLogin table creates a new session for this user. Why?

Then, when the properties (userDisabled and userNoConsole) in umbracoUser table are re-set to 0, the user is still not allowed to log back in. I am thinking it is because this session was created when they were locked out.

If I go through this process (without trying to sign in as user when the userDisabled/userNoConsole properties are at 0). The user is kicked out of an active session and able to log back in after the lock is lifted.

Would you know how I can ensure that, even if a user tries to log in during the lockout, that once the lock is lifted, they will be able to get into the backoffice?

Thanks for your help, Kyle

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft