Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• gabi 1 post 71 karma points
    May 02, 2018 @ 13:08
    gabi

multinode tree picker keeps deleted nodes references

in order to get rid of those references i had to publish the content node that holds the multinode tree picker, so i tried to force an auto publish on the server side whenever a content node is being deleted

internal static void ContentService_EmptiedRecycleBin(IContentService sender, RecycleBinEventArgs e)
        {
            Document root = new Document(1227);
            PublishChildDocs(root);
        }

PublishChildDocs method uses the doc.SaveAndPublish(user) method , and doesnt throw an exception , i have checked that the method is fired with the wanted doc(content node) . but anyway , it wont get rid of the references until i make a 'save and publish' manually on the node from the web gui (to the same node)

is there any other way to save and publish content nodes via server side ?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 02, 2018 @ 13:31
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Gabi,

Maybe you can try to install my Nexu package : https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/nexu/

This keeps track of internal links, so when a user tries to delete/unpublish item used in a multi node tree picker they get a warning that it is in use. You can actually have deleting/unpublishing disable in that case.

I know that it is not an answer to your question, but maybe it will solve your problem in another way.

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft