Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kostya 1 post 81 karma points
    Apr 23, 2018 @ 20:24
    Kostya

Custom member profile page with external data

Hi, I'm new to Umbraco. How would you implement custom page that represents Member Profile (personal), but also can be accessible by Admin with some additional "edit" buttons? Also some data from this page should be loaded from different database.

I may implement my own API for data load/update, but I have no idea how to implement profile page in the right way.

Thanks in advance

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Apr 24, 2018 @ 16:04
    Steve Morgan

Hi Kostya,

Sounds like you want a SurfaceController. The Index action method would be the "get" data. You'd create a helper utility class / service that would do the logic of getting the data (supplementing the Umbraco member with your db data).

Create a model with your required member properties (possibly inheriting from the Umbraco member).

Have a look at https://github.com/cheeseytoastie/UmbMembersFullTutorial as a starter. It's a bit long in the tooth now but does have a basic surfacecontroller that loads the member's details and submits edits. Might be a handy start.

For the admin you'll probably need a separate page (to list and query all members) but you'll be able to reuse your methods in your helper service if you do it right.

Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft