Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Sharp 4 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 22, 2018 @ 18:53
    John Sharp

Language alternatives for the backoffice UI - localizationService.localize function.

Hi there,

I've been playing around with the UI, I've got most of the functionality working and have read a few of the other post and pages of the documentation but I'm drawing a blank.

What I am trying to do is something like this: localizationService.localize("dialog") or localizationService.localize("general")

I've looked here too https://our.umbraco.org/forum/developing-packages/76711-custom-language-file-for-package-not-loaded

I'm glad Adriano has got his to work but I'm still very lost.

The posts talk about "creating a custom language file for my package". What/how/where do I create a really simple package or folder on disk to identify to Umbraco where to go and look for my language file, also, what do I put into the file to be picked up by the localize service?

Any/all help will be greatly appreciated. If someone has it handy it would be massive help to have a brief worked example with a single localized string. I know I'm missing something but I don't know where to look to link everything together.

Cheers in advance...

John

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft