Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jakub 9 posts 89 karma points
    Apr 18, 2018 @ 13:11
    Jakub

Adding logic to custom dashboard

Hi all,

on my webpage I managed to create token generator (on my dev site), which stores the token into databse (in my model) and checks its validation in controller (token is used to validate uploading page).

This works fine, but my boss would like the token generation to be added in Backoffice. I managed to create custom section with dashboard, and since it's not possible to use cshtml files for dashboard, I would like to know wether it's possible to recreate this functionality into dashboard (with html view and angular controller).

Furthermore, I would like to know if it's possible (in theory) to recreate anything (as in functionalities) into dashboard which can be created on webpages.

Thanks in advance,

Jakub

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 30, 2018 @ 21:30
    Søren Kottal

Hi Jakub

That is definitely possible. As you already noticed you can only work client side in the backoffice, so you need serverside endpoints to handle your token operations.

You can use authorized Api controllers for this (Umbraco then handles the authorization for you, ensuring that only logged in backoffice users can use them). You can read more about it here: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Reference/Routing/WebApi/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft