Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sandro Mastronardi 11 posts 69 karma points
    Mar 22, 2018 @ 23:35
    Sandro Mastronardi

Umbraco Console application behaves different on different machine..?..?

I have a service intended for synchronising products into uCommerce and Umbraco, the service works fine in debug on local machine, the IDENTICAL (DEBUG) assemblies don't work on my Testserver... (Server Standard 2016 with SQL 2012)

It throws this error in the logs:

00:29:39,659 [Umbraco.Web.Cache.CacheRefresherEventHandler] INFO - Initializing Umbraco internal event handlers for cache refreshing
    00:29:39,737 [Umbraco.Web.Search.ExamineEvents] INFO - Initializing Examine and binding to business logic events
    00:29:39,753 [EZBaseReceiver] ERROR - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Examine.ExamineManager.EnsureProviders() in X:\Projects\Examine\Examine\src\Examine\ExamineManager.cs:line 96
       at Umbraco.Web.Search.ExamineEvents.ApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase httpApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
       at Umbraco.Core.ApplicationEventHandler.OnApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
       at Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.<Complete>b__38_0(IApplicationEventHandler x)
       at Umbraco.Core.EnumerableExtensions.ForEach[TItem](IEnumerable`1 items, Action`1 action)
       at Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.Complete(Action`1 afterComplete)
       at Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Mastrosoft.EZBase.Receiver.ConsoleApplicationBase.Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Dev\HandyStock.Website2\Mastrosoft.EZBase.Receiver\ConsoleApplicationBase.cs:line 46
       at Mastrosoft.EZBase.Receiver.EZBaseReceiver.Start() in E:\Dev\HandyStock.Website2\Mastrosoft.EZBase.Receiver\EZBaseReceiver.cs:line 86
    00:29:39,785 [Program] INFO - EZBase receiver started

And i have no clue as to why Examine is being started there, there is no config file for examine, but adding that gives even more errors since it is a console application (soon to be service) that has no real web content... (it will complain of not finding mvc templates)

So after trying to detect bugs in my service vs console version of the app it appears to be the machine, but how can that be?

Hope anyone has any clue as to why this is happening...

Those first info lines also don't appear on my dev machine, so something is being loaded that shouldn't....

Thanks in advance...

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Nov 16, 2018 @ 16:01
    Damiaan

Which example are you following to create a console application?

It seems to me that your examine configuration is incorrect. Or that examine can not find or create the indexes or searchers.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft