Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin C. Halpin 27 posts 108 karma points
    Mar 19, 2018 @ 20:58
    Kevin C. Halpin

Cannot find UrlRewriting.config file

I have used older version of Umbraco so I know there was a file in config named UrlRewriting.config. Now I installed Umbraco 7.9.2 and I can't seem to find it. Should I add it myself or the url rewriting is done in another file?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 19, 2018 @ 21:17
    Nik

Hi Kevin,

UrlRewriting is no longer part of Umbraco. It was removed in (I think) version 7.6. It is best practice to use the IIS Rewrite module instead as it is better in both performance and memory management.

That's why you are no longer seeing it in 7.9.2, and I would advise against adding it back in :-)

Thanks,

Nik

• Kevin C. Halpin 27 posts 108 karma points
    Mar 19, 2018 @ 22:29
    Kevin C. Halpin

Hi Nik,

Thanks for the quick response. I was actually looking at this article https://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2014/angular-powered-frontend/. I need to write a rule that will render the same template for every page so I leave the routing to Vue.js but I can't seem to make it. I'm not sure how to do this in the newest version of Umbraco. I just need a way to do to the routing from Vue.js. Can you help? Thanks

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 20, 2018 @ 08:21
    Nik

Hi Kevin,

I might be able to help indirectly, but rather than using a redirect to append the altTemplate query string, you might find it easier to allow one template against all doc types in Umbraco.

This way you don't have to worry about the routing because all routes return the same template.

Honestly though, I don't know if this will work or not as I've not made an Angular or Vue front end for a website based on Umbraco so it's only a theory based on the link you provided.

If that doesn't work, then you should be able to create an IISRewrite equivalent of the Angular example but I'm not sure what it would be.

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft