Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• André Lange 108 posts 410 karma points
    Mar 09, 2018 @ 07:32
    André Lange

Pagecomments breaks on publish

I am using Umbraco v7.9

I have installed a plugin called PageComments : https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/page-comments-plugin/

It works perfectly on my local computer when i have been developing it. But now that i want to publish it to a test domain for further setup of the website, it breaks.

I get the following error no matter the page i try to access, even when doing /umbraco.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Validations' does not exist in the namespace 'Resources' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Line 51:             {
    Line 52:                 //If model is not valid or Not able to find pageId or Invalid Captcha return error message.
    Line 53:                 returnMessage = Resources.Validations.CommentPostedFailure;
    Line 54:                 return Content(returnMessage);
    Line 55:             }

I have tried looking for a dll to add in references but, have been unable to find a correct one...

I am a bit stumped.. And have googled for answers to no avail so far.

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Mar 09, 2018 @ 07:50
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi André,

I just downloaded the package to see the contents and indeed there is no dll present in the package. The owner has included al .cs files instead.

Then about the compiler error, these files are missing in the resources:

• Validations.resx
    • Validations.fr.resx

You can find them in the package so make sure you include these in your resources of your project.

Hope this helps.

/Michaël

• André Lange 108 posts 410 karma points
    Mar 10, 2018 @ 13:14
    André Lange

There was a folder called App_GlobalResources that didn't get copied over. now it doesn't show that error anymore.

Thanks

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Mar 10, 2018 @ 13:34
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

No problem glad that you solved it!

/Michaël

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft