Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Caleb Smith 5 posts 95 karma points
    Feb 15, 2018 @ 02:19
    Caleb Smith

I have already setup Umbraco in Visual Studio and installed via Nuget. I like what I have seen! I would like to now get the source code running for multiple reasons. I have pulled the source from Git Hub and followed the instructions. (https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/dev-v7.8/BUILD.md) The PowerShell Script has finished successfully (several times).

I checked the logs and I do see some errors in the Belle setup log files (see below).

I'm guessing the fact that Belle had issues installing, that is the reason why in the IsConfigured flag in the Web Project InstallController is set to false when I debug.... if (ApplicationContext.Current.IsConfigured) //Always False { return Redirect(SystemDirectories.Umbraco.EnsureEndsWith('/'));
    }

Belle.tmp Log File npm

ERR! node install.js

npm

ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:

npm

ERR! npm bugs phantomjs-prebuilt

npm

ERR! Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:

npm

ERR! npm owner ls phantomjs-prebuilt

npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm

ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:

npm

ERR! D:\Source\UmbracoCMS\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Web.UI.Client\npm-debug.log

executing gulp build for version @{Semver=7.7.10; Release=7.7.10; Comment=; Build=} [20:56:39] Using gulpfile D:\Source\UmbracoCMS\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Web.UI.Client\gulpfile.js [20:56:39] Starting 'build'... [20:56:39] Starting 'dependencies'... [20:56:39] Starting 'js'... [20:56:39] Starting 'less'... [20:56:39] Starting 'views'... copying src/views//html to ../Umbraco.Web.UI/Umbraco/views/ copying src/canvasdesigner//.html to ../Umbraco.Web.UI/Umbraco/views/../preview copying src/installer/steps/*.html to ../Umbraco.Web.UI/Umbraco/views/install [20:56:44] Finished 'less' after 5.04 s [20:56:46] Finished 'js' after 7.52 s [20:56:48] Finished 'views' after 9.22 s [20:56:50] Finished 'dependencies' after 12 s [20:56:50] Starting 'test:unit'... 14 02 2018 20:56:50.761:ERROR [plugin]: Cannot find plugin "karma-phantomjs-launcher". Did you forget to install it? npm install karma-phantomjs-launcher --save-dev [20:56:50] Finished 'test:unit' after 38 ms [20:56:50] Finished 'build' after 12 s 14 02 2018 20:56:50.795:WARN [watcher]: Pattern "D:/Source/UmbracoCMS/Umbraco-CMS/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/lib-bower/jquery/jquery.min.js" does not match any file. 14 02 2018 20:56:50.796:WARN [watcher]: Pattern "D:/Source/UmbracoCMS/Umbraco-CMS/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/lib-bower/underscore/underscore-min.js" does not match any file. 14 02 2018 20:56:50.796:WARN [watcher]: Pattern "D:/Source/UmbracoCMS/Umbraco-CMS/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/lib-bower/moment/moment-with-locales.js" does not match any file. 14 02 2018 20:56:50.796:WARN [watcher]: Pattern "D:/Source/UmbracoCMS/Umbraco-CMS/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/lib-bower/rgrove-lazyload/lazyload.js" does not match any file. 14 02 2018 20:56:50.796:WARN [watcher]: Pattern "D:/Source/UmbracoCMS/Umbraco-CMS/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/lib-bower/angular-local-storage/angular-local-storage.min.js" does not match any file. 14 02 2018 20:56:50.946:ERROR [karma]: Found 1 load error

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 15, 2018 @ 08:37
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hi there Caleb, it seems like you're interested in contributing to Umbraco, which is great!

I couldn't figure out exactly what was exactly what the problem is. I can't remember exactly what you will see when building belle but is there something actually wrong after you run the project?

The IsConfigured flag will be false untill you install Umbraco after you run it from source.

You write that you have many reasons you need to run from source. In our opinion there is only TWO ever reasons to run from source and those are:

1. to step through the debugger for fine-grained debugging
    2. to contribute to umbraco fixing outstanding bugs and feature requests and submitting them back to us

If you don't know: Umbraco has loads and loads of extension points and you can achieve whatever you need to achieve without recompiling the source. When you do run a custom build that immediately guarantees you will never be able to upgrade Umbraco and you don't benefit from bug fixes and security updates in the future.

So I'm curious what your other reasons are? ;-)

Feb 15, 2018 @ 13:29
    Caleb Smith

Hi Sebastiaan,

After I run the project I'm stuck here: http://localhost:7710/umbraco/AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2finstall%2f%3fredir%3dtrue%26url%3dhttp%253a%252f%252flocalhost%253a7710%252f

It always redirects here.

I thought running the build.ps1 powershell would take care of the install and get me past this, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me.

Fine grained debugging is the number 1 reason why I want to run the source code, 2nd would be submitting back any bugs that we find. 3rd is knowing what is going on behind the scenes before we go to production. 4th is knowing we can do something with the source code if we need to.

I agree as I'm learning the extending Umbraco is great, and we should always capitalize on that first!

Lastly the reason I'm trying is because when we are calling the Umbraco rest api we keep getting unauthorized request, even though we call the token endpoint successfully and get a token. I wanted to see if debugging I could figure out why.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 15, 2018 @ 13:54
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Just FYI, Rest API seems to be broken for now 7.8: https://github.com/umbraco/UmbracoRestApi/issues/42

You can't get past AuthorizeUpgrade because you can't login as Umbraco has not been set up yet. I think you need to clear the umbraco version in web.config:

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />

and the connection string:

<add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="server=" providerName="" />

This will kick in the installer to install a new instance of Umbraco. If there's a ~/App_Data/Umbraco.sdf file then delete that one as well.

Just FYI: In our experience, people just starting out with Umbraco should not try to dive into the source code right away. It will probably lead to more confusion than clarification. The code base for many part is old and convoluted and we're slowly working on detangling everything in the upcoming v8. It's often more productive to ask questions on the forum.

Feb 16, 2018 @ 16:04
    Caleb Smith

Awesome, thanks for the quick responses. I will definitely be using the forum more.

Reverting back on the Rest API (the link you provided) solved our issue.

I will be testing out your suggestion on the source code as soon as I have some time.

Feb 16, 2018 @ 17:21
    Caleb Smith

Updated web.config

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />

<remove name="umbracoDbDSN" />
        <add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="Server" providerName="" />

still stuck on the install, any other suggestions? enter image description here

We are moving forward with using the Nuget packages in another solution, however I would still like to get this to run. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft