Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Engan 430 posts 1173 karma points
    Jan 11, 2018 @ 14:21
    Tom Engan

Associate forgotten "relate to original" when copying

If I want to associate relationships that have been forgotten with "relate to original" when copying, all I have to do is add a single line to the umbracoRelation table with the parentId, childId and relType columns, and nothing more?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 11, 2018 @ 14:38
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Tom,

That will work I think. But because your bypassing the API to create them I think caches will not be up to date so it's best to restart your application so caches get rebuild.

Or you could use this package : https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/umbraco-relation-editor/

This allows you create relations in the backend. So content editors can do it them selves.

Dave

Jan 11, 2018 @ 15:25
    Tom Engan

Thanks for the answer. This applies to an Umbraco 7.3.1 version, and I'm now testing the package you refer to, but haven't yet found the menu where the relationships can be linked. If the package isn't working, I will switch and try manual linking.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 11, 2018 @ 15:45
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Tom,

Maybe this intro video of the package can help you out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU3ifl_6xtk

Jan 12, 2018 @ 13:08
    Tom Engan

Thanks, but "Enable Relations" didn't appear on the document types (Umbraco ver 7.3.1), so I chose to enter the relationships directly in the database, and it worked excellent without having to restart the application.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft