Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig O'Mahony 364 posts 918 karma points
    Dec 05, 2017 @ 18:04
    Craig O'Mahony

Hi folks,

I'm not sure if the following is possible, if there's a project or another way of doing it but if someone could shed some light that would be brilliant.

Basically, for reasons that I won't bore you with, I have three node types:

Courses, regions and Study Methods, so I create a list of courses and study methods.

Courses English, Maths, Physics

Study Methods Online, Face to face, Distance Learning

The issue that I can't see past is when I create a region what I'd like to be able to do is associate a list of available courses in that region (easily done with a multinode tree picker) and a list of study methods but the difference with the study methods is that when they select a study method I need them to enter a series of prices for that study method, so in effect a multinode tree picker again but with a list of fields that they also need to populate. And that's where my issue is, I've no clue how to do that or if i's even possible.

Any advice would be much appreiciated.

Thanks, C

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Dec 06, 2017 @ 10:07
    Ben Palmer

Hi Craig,

Are those fields they need to fill in shared? As in, couldn't you put those properties on your study method document type? That way, you can just get the content from the picker and get the prices directly from that.

• Craig O'Mahony 364 posts 918 karma points
    Dec 06, 2017 @ 11:26
    Craig O'Mahony

Hi Ben,

The study method prices differ from region to region and the prices could be overridden by bespoke countries in that region.

So English running in Europe being studied Online costs £500

English running in APAC being studied online costs $1000

But English running in Spain being studied online costs a different price to the rest of Europe.

What I'm trying to avoid as it'll end up so confusing for the CMS editors is a host of nested nodes. So if I could ask them to select a study method and enter any bespoke prices at the same time (without creating nodes underneath) that would be ideal.

Thanks, C

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft