Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• charlie black 33 posts 106 karma points
    Nov 21, 2017 @ 23:53
    charlie black

create vs2013 asp.net mvc web api application then nuget UmbracoCms 7.5.6 errors after login

I used Visual Studio 2013 to create a web application from the ASP.NET Web Application project template and checked the Web API. No Umbraco yet. I then added a few ApiController with methods that had Route attributes and were named e.g., [HttpGet] [Route("cache/clear", Name = "WebAPI/Lanugages/GetAllLanguages")] public void ClearLanguageCache()

This project works just fine.

Then I install the UmbracoCms 7.5.6 nuget package. The install is straight forward and I let nuget replace my existing global.asax so I can do the install. After install, I put back my original and change the markup so that it inherits from my class: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="WebApplication1.MvcApplication" Language="C#" %>

and in global.asax.cs: public class MvcApplication : Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication {

I originally put all the boilerplate MVC/WebAPI startup code in the global.asax.cs OnApplicationStarted but moved in to a class derived from Umbraco.Core.ApplicationEventHandler into the ApplicatedStated override.

Everything works and I can see the basic view that come with this template, Home,. And I can log in to the backoffice BUT when I do login , I see along the right side panel an exception, about a already existing route being added again. This is one of my named routes I mentioned above.

Why would umbraco be trying to add this route at this point which is immediately after logging in to the backoffice. Is something happening right after login that would cause umbraco to all my routes again.

Anyway, since this route was "named" , it is triggering this error.

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

An error occured

A route named 'WebApi/Account/DelBrandedImage' is already in the route collection. Route names must be unique. Parameter name: name Exception Details System.ArgumentException: A route named 'WebApi/Account/DelBrandedImage' is already in the route collection. Route names must be unique. Parameter name: name Stacktrace

at System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.Add(String name, RouteBase item)

at System.Web.Http.WebHost.Routing.HostedHttpRouteCollection.Add(String name, IHttpRoute route)

at System.Web.Http.Routing.AttributeRoutingMapper.AddGenerationHooksForSubRoutes(HttpRouteCollection routeTable, IEnumerable`1 entries)

at System.Web.Http.Routing.AttributeRoutingMapper.<>cDisplayClass2.0(HttpConfiguration config)

at System.Web.Http.HttpConfiguration.ApplyControllerSettings(HttpControllerSettings settings, HttpConfiguration configuration)

at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor.InvokeAttributesOnControllerType(HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor, Type type)

at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor.InvokeAttributesOnControllerType(HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor, Type type)

at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor.Initialize()

at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor..ctor(HttpConfiguration configuration, String controllerName, Type controllerType)

at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()

at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.

at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpersExtensions.

at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.

at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.

at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.

at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.

at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.

at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft