Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Romix2017 23 posts 183 karma points
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 12:56
    Romix2017

Manual upgrade from 7.7.2 to 7.7.3 problem

Hello! I've needed to upgrade from 7.7.2 to 7.7.3 version, I downloaded 7.7.3 version and copied files from bin, Umbraco and umbraco_client to my project and replaced existing files, after that I built a project and everything was just fine, Umbraco notified that current version needed to upgrade to 7.7.3 etc. So no problems, but the problem is that I have git repository in order to update my project on a server, so I committed my build to the server, unfortunately, there are some changes were made on the server side via Umbraco front-end, so Git asked me to update my repository first, so I did it, when I tried to build my project second time it told me, that your current version is 7.7.3 is going to be updated to version 7.7.2, that was very strange behavior and I thought maybe some files were reverted to previous ones, so once again I copied all files from version 7.7.3 to my project and replace all exsisting ones, so basically there are no any files left from the previous version, but when I tried to build and start my project it kept telling that your version is 7.7.3 will upgrade to 7.7.2, what is that? enter image description here

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 17:11
    Steve Morgan

The web.confg has a key

<appSettings>
        <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.7.4"/>

if that's earlier then the upgrade screen will be shown so if you'd checked this in with an earlier version then it will trigger the update. Could that be it?

EDIT: or if it's blank which I believe it is on a blank install.

Nov 16, 2017 @ 17:22
    Romix2017

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell more specific what is the key, responsible for this behavior?

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 22:09
    Steve Morgan

Damn it the forum hid my code box. I've just added it back! Hopefully that makes more sense..

Nov 16, 2017 @ 19:33
    Romix2017

Ok, the solution is this: There is no need to pay any attention to what Umbraco says about the update from 7.7.3 to 7.7.2 so just press continue button and it will renew everything, however, though all errors are gone which were in version 7.7.2 such as image picker does not create a folder from the inner interface and so on, means that version now is 7.7.3, but umbraco says that the version still 7.7.2, well for me that does not matter anyway, the main thing is the result :- )

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft