Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick de Mooij 72 posts 622 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Sep 20, 2017 @ 08:44
    Patrick de Mooij

Export config property editor

Hey everyone,

I am currently working on a project with Umbraco and I am kinda stuck at the moment. I am currently able to export and import document types. (Different from the default functionality). However, whenever there is a property editor that doesn't have a default instance (Like MultiNodeTreePicker2) it will crash because it can't find it.

So, is there any way to get the MultiNodeTreePicker2 instance in the project where I export the documenttypes and then import it into my new project? Or to just export the values.

Thanks in advance, Patrick de Mooij

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 20, 2017 @ 11:20
    Kevin Jump

Hi Patrick,

You could create a package with teh changes in it. if you go do developer section, packages, created packages. and right click then you can go through the options to create a package with the doctype and the datatypes it uses in it.

if you save then 'publish' the package you will get a zip file, which contains the config you need to put the doc-type onto another site.

Then on a new project you could install this package (as a Local Package where you get to pick the package file from disk).

You could also use a package like uSync - which writes the configuration for datatypes/doctypes etc out to disk whenever you make a change. you can then move the usync folder between installations and all the settings will be imported / synced when you start the site up (there lots of other config options)

• Patrick de Mooij 72 posts 622 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Sep 20, 2017 @ 12:01
    Patrick de Mooij

Ah, thanks. Didn't know you get a xml when creating a package. That should be enough for me to figure all of this out.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft