Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Leo Teixeira 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 17, 2017 @ 11:54
    Leo Teixeira

Umbraco authentication based on OpenID Connect/ OAuth2 protocols

I would like to configure Umbraco to use claims based authentication using OpenID connect protocols.

I have an Identity Provider (Identity Server 3) that implements single sign for the front-ends on some of our non-content driven web sites and I'm looking to introduce the same access control to our umbraco sites.

The closest I've seen to a solution is Shannon's https://github.com/Shazwazza/UmbracoIdentity package. However, I can't see how that works with my scenario where I have an external Identity Provider handling all member login and issuance of claims that can then be mapped to Umbraco roles to determine if a member is authorized to view a page.

• Dave Woestenborghs 2358 posts 6607 karma points mvp c-trib
    Jul 17, 2017 @ 12:35
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Leo,

Maybe this article can get you started : https://www.werkenbijvxcompany.nl/login-to-umbraco-backoffice-using-identityserver4/

Dave

• Leo Teixeira 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 17, 2017 @ 12:44
    Leo Teixeira

Hi Dave,

Thanks. I had already taken a look at that article but it doesn't cover my use case.

I can see how Umbraco might be able to use Id Server to authenticate Back Office users using Umbraco's Account Link.

I'm interested in authenticating front end members using an external single sign on site, using claims issued there for a relying party, in this case a front end driven by Umbraco cms, to use for authorizing page access.

• Dave Woestenborghs 2358 posts 6607 karma points mvp c-trib
    Jul 17, 2017 @ 14:03
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Leo,

Haven't used Identity server my self. What I have done is using ASP.NET Identity with a custom user store for member logins. Most of my code is ripped from the UmbracoIdentity project

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft