Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thi Tar 11 posts 91 karma points
    Jul 04, 2017 @ 09:28
    Thi Tar

Checking product availability in Merchello

Hi All,

I have been assigned to build a website with Umbraco. Basically, the features which I want for my site are

1. should be able to create the product
    2. should be able to remove the product and
    3. to check the product availability by country. For example, I have 5 products and 10 markets(10 countries). I want to check whether the product is available in Singapore Market or Thailand Market etc.

Are those features possible in Merchello? or Can someone recommend any ecommerce plugin for Umbraco?

Thanks in advance
    Thi Tar

• Mathias Andreasen 43 posts 155 karma points
    Jul 14, 2017 @ 09:38
    Mathias Andreasen
    1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No, there's no feature in Merchello that allows for this. You'l have to do some custom coding to get that to work.

I've built an ecommerce site using Merchello, well, we started out using Merchello But we quickly found out that Merchello didn't suit the Clients needs.

I also experineced Merchello to be a bottlekneck in our Solution, I don't know if anyone else feels this way too.

I wouldn't recommend it

• António Ramos 12 posts 102 karma points
    Jul 14, 2017 @ 11:46
    António Ramos

Hi Mathias,

Can you elaborate why Merchello is a bottlekneck in your Solution?

I'm trying to understand what it the best ecom to suit up with Umbraco.

Thanks,
    BR,
    António

Jul 14, 2017 @ 12:10
    Mathias Andreasen

I found it slow, and error prone. Fetching products were slow. They also have feature where they connect umbraco members to merchello customers, this feature were bugged for me. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

I also had a hard time finding help using Merchello, I don't know how popular of a Umbraco Package it is though.

At the end of the day, Merchello has been more of a hinderance than a boon for the project I'm working on, sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for...

Jul 14, 2017 @ 12:11
    Mathias Andreasen

Here's a thread I started last year regarding the Umbraco-Member / Merchello Customer feature, no replies...

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/78178-merchello-unable-to-cast-anonymouscustomer-to-icustomer

Jul 14, 2017 @ 12:12
    Mathias Andreasen

I don't want you to be completely disencouraged to try Merchello, it might suit your needs better than it did mine!

• António Ramos 12 posts 102 karma points
    Jul 14, 2017 @ 13:22
    António Ramos

Thanks for your feedback!

Jul 18, 2017 @ 04:34
    Thi Tar

Thank you all for your responses. Can I ask one more question?

I am building a site using Umbraco and I need to upload json file somewhere in Umbraco and access it from front end.

Currently I am thinking to upload to the Media section. but the problem is I don't see any editing feature for json file in Umbraco.

Is there any way to be able to edit json file in the CMS directly?

Thanks again!

Jul 20, 2017 @ 07:14
    Mathias Andreasen

You'd be better off creating a new forum post, this last question you asked is very off-topic in this thread.

Jul 21, 2017 @ 03:01
    Thi Tar

Hi, Thanks for your suggestion. I will create new forum post for the above question.

Thanks again

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft