Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Max 80 posts 437 karma points
    Jun 16, 2017 @ 13:32
    Max

Custom CreateNode - hijack route and view

Can some one point me at the documentation to override/manually create a querystring object for CreateNode() so I can tell my app to point at a specific view/action in a custom section tree...

I have a set of custom application tree/api controllers for to "sub-apps" used by a single app_plugin, all the routing works fine if I generate a tree controller and api for each of the "sub-apps" but they are put into folders in the tree... I am trying to push them up the tree hierarchy but my routes to the view are "wrong" (defaulting to /views/[sub-app]/[view name]/[action]) which doesn't exist.

App_plugin file structure:

enter image description here

Intended appearance: enter image description here

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 13:11
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Max

Did you find a solution? Can you share with our community?

Thanks,

Alex

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 13:23
    David Brendel

Hi,

don't know if I understand correctly and as the post is quite old...

But the route of custom tree nodes can be adjusted with a parameter to the CreateTreeNode() method.

CreateTreeNode(id, parentId, queryStrings, title, icon, hasChildren, routePath)

The last one would be your route to the view.

Regards David

• Max 80 posts 437 karma points
    Aug 03, 2017 @ 14:06
    Max

I didn't have have time to try and hijack this the way I wanted it to behave. So I left it with the "default" behaviour intact:

enter image description here

Without testing and playing with it I presume David's reply is the correct answer to my original problem. I will try and go back to test it in the near future.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft