Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 34 posts 127 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 13:10
    Nick

Hi

Has any tried sharing the umbraco media with two different installs of umbraco.

I have a client that has two umbraco sites but wants to use the same media files in both sites.

I'm thinking I may need to hook into the media save event and save to both databases... hoping there is a better way

Nick

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    May 18, 2017 @ 13:19
    Frans de Jong

We always use a multi site install for that. I don't know how big the sites are but you could merge them in to one installation.

For one client we are running 3 multilingual sites in one installation. Works like a charm.

• Nick 34 posts 127 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 14:06
    Nick

How big is your site?

I think if I combine all the nodes together then around 15000 nodes... maybe that will be too much?

• Craig Mayers 164 posts 508 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 16:05
    Craig Mayers

Hi Nick,

You could use the Media Save event and push each item across to the other site(s) upon saving a media item.

But, I think Frans idea of combining the two is probably the best option unless you need them to be separate for some reason?

I have worked on a Umbraco project in the past with over 80,000 nodes and never noticed that much of a performance hit.

The only issue from time to time is if you have a massive content tree, with let's say over 10k nodes, then you may wait a minute for the tree to render.

It was never that much of an issue, to be honest, and that project pre-date the new ListView option, which should speed things up a lot.

Good luck!

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft