Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Max 80 posts 437 karma points
    Apr 26, 2017 @ 18:30
    Max

ModelsBuilder - Failed to build models.

Is this a result of some content type naming collision? (What would you recommend I do to troubleshoot this? I've reinstalled ModelBuilder from nuget thinking it might be a dependency issue with CodeAnalysis...)

Failed to build models.
    Method 'CommonCreateErrorTypeSymbol' in type 'Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CSharpCompilation' from assembly 'Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' does not have an implementation.

at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Building.CodeParser.Parse(IDictionary`2 files, IEnumerable`1 references)
    at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Umbraco.ModelsBuilderBackOfficeController.GenerateModels(String modelsDirectory, String bin) in X:\Projects\Umbraco\ModelsBuilder\Zbu.ModelsBuilder\Umbraco.ModelsBuilder\Umbraco\ModelsBuilderBackOfficeController.cs:line 108
    at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Umbraco.ModelsBuilderBackOfficeController.BuildModels() in X:\Projects\Umbraco\ModelsBuilder\Zbu.ModelsBuilder\Umbraco.ModelsBuilder\Umbraco\ModelsBuilderBackOfficeController.cs:line 50 

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2017 @ 06:58
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Max,

What version of Umbraco are you using and what mode are you using for the models builder ?

You can find some more info on the different modes here : http://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2016/getting-started-with-modelsbuilder/

Dave

• Max 80 posts 437 karma points
    May 05, 2017 @ 12:51
    Max

Dave,

Thanks for getting back, I missed your response originally.

I ended up running a slough of Nuget updates earlier this week, then I upgraded to 7.6 from 7.5.x. It appears like the issue may have been a .Net Compilers issue/version conflict.

I was able to generate models after I finished my updates.

Thanks,

Max

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft