Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jay 413 posts 639 karma points
    Apr 26, 2017 @ 10:01
    Jay

ImageProcessor.Web could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax

Hi All,

I keep getting the below that's flag in NewRelic

The request /media/1022/individual-profile.jpg?center=0.311572700296732789,0.655 could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax.

It's being called randomly at multiple time (like 300+) and I can't find where it's being called. Umbraco logs is not adding anything about this too.

I know ImageProcessor had added in security for DOS attack.

Any idea anyone?

at ImageProcessor.Web.HttpModules.ImageProcessingModule.<ProcessImageAsync>d__32.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Web.TaskAsyncHelper.EndTask(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep.OnAsyncEventCompletion(IAsyncResult ar)

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 26, 2017 @ 10:20
    Damiaan

You stripped the exception from the call stack.

Newrelic should be able to give you the referer too. That might help determining where the page is which throws an error.

Also check the media item is not corrupt. Do you see this item when you surf to the url using the browser?

Apr 28, 2017 @ 11:09
    Jay

Hey Damian,

Oh, How do you strip the exception from the call stack?

Yeah did a check on NewRelic, doesn't show me the page it's called. I'm curious that it's being called directly.

The media exist and are working correctly when i load them directly or with the full crop url.

Thanks Damian

Apr 28, 2017 @ 17:02
    Damiaan

What I mean is, you have only the call stack. Not the error message itself.

Do you have this problem with all images?

Can you give a url? Or is this on your dev machine? Can you supply code & image to reproduce the problem?

May 02, 2017 @ 14:39
    Jay

Hi Damiaan,

Only got the error above malformed syntax from NewRelic. Nothing came up on the Umbraco logs though.

It only happens with a 1 or 2 images on the whole site

The error message shown as below. And then the stack trace shown above on my first post.

The request /media/1022/individual-profile.jpg?center=0.311572700296732789,0.655 could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax.

Can't reproduce where it's calling the malformed image url. Been using GetGropUrl(1200,600). Image rendering alright too everywhere

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    May 02, 2017 @ 14:58
    May 02, 2017 @ 14:58
    Damiaan

Sounds more like a concurrency bug or something. If you are able to reproduce on you local machine, then I would report this on the imageprocessor github.

If not, I am a littlebit out of clues. Maybe someone else can jump in?

May 02, 2017 @ 16:49
    Jay

yeah a weird one Damiaan.

Aha, thanks Jeroen, will check that post.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft