Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Armitage 505 posts 2073 karma points
    Apr 22, 2017 @ 10:22
    David Armitage

Umbraco Create Treeview Context Menu Item - Passing in Value (possible querystring)

Hi Guys,

I'm just starting to figure out how to add context menu items to the umbraco backend and then calling some backend controller.

I got the basics down but I want to know if this is possible....

So I created a menu item using the ApplicationStarted event.

private void ContentTreeController_MenuRendering(TreeControllerBase sender, MenuRenderingEventArgs e)
            {
                var item = new MenuItem("exportCsv", "Export to CSV");
                item.AdditionalData.Add("actionView", "/App_Plugins/exportCsv/index.html?nodeTypeAlias=jobClassificationIndustry");
                item.Icon = "save";
                e.Menu.Items.Insert(e.Menu.Items.Count, item);
            }

I want to know if there is anyway I can pass a value into the html file that we have to create in the AppPlugins folder. In my case AppPlugins/exportCsv/index.html

<div class="umbracoDialog umb-dialog">
        <p>Click <em>export</em> to download items to CSV</p>

<script>
            alert(window.location.pathname + window.location.search);
            alert(window.parant.location);
        </script>

<div class="umb-dialog-footer btn-toolbar umb-btn-toolbar">
            <a href="/Umbraco/Backoffice/Api/NewsItemExport/Export?nodeTypeAlias=jobClassificationIndustry" target="_blank" class="btn btn-primary">
                Export
            </a>
        </div>
    </div>

You can probably see what I am trying to do from the menu item I have created. You can see I tried to add a query string on the end of the menu items. I was hoping I could pass this into the html file and then access this through javascript.

I am guessing there is a better way to do this. Any help understanding how all this works would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced :0

David

Apr 23, 2017 @ 07:24
    David Armitage

This thread is a similar question. I basically want to do the same. Access information about the current node in which the menu was clicked within the html file.

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/71959-passing-data-to-angularjs-controller-from-menuitem

I couldn't get this example to work. Here is my code....

Here is the menu item

private void ContentTreeController_MenuRendering(TreeControllerBase sender, MenuRenderingEventArgs e)
            {
                var item = new MenuItem("exportCsv", "Export to CSV");
                item.AdditionalData.Add("actionView", "/App_Plugins/exportCsv/index.html");
                item.AdditionalData.Add("parent", "1234");
                item.Icon = "save";
                e.Menu.Items.Insert(e.Menu.Items.Count, item);
            }

Here is the html

<div class="umbracoDialog umb-dialog">
        <p>Click <em>export</em> to download items to CSV</p>

<script>
            var dialogOptions = $scope.dialogOptions;
            $scope.ProductCategoryPK = dialogOptions.currentAction.metaData.parent;
            alert(dialogOptions.currentAction.metaData.parent);
        </script>

<a href="/Umbraco/Backoffice/Api/NewsItemExport/Export?nodeTypeAlias=jobClassificationIndustry" target="_blank" class="btn btn-primary">
                Export
            </a>
        </div>
    </div>

Basically the javascript didn't do anything.... Any help would be awesome.

Apr 24, 2017 @ 08:26
    David Armitage

Hi,

After a lot of research I figured it out. Mainly from following instructions at the following URL.

http://www.wiliam.com.au/wiliam-blog/adding-a-custom-control-to-umbraco-7-action-menu

Here were the steps..

Create the menu items using similar code to my example

{
                if (e.NodeId != "-1")
                {
                    var exportChildrenCsv = new MenuItem("exportChildrenCsv", "Export Child Nodes");
                    exportChildrenCsv.AdditionalData.Add("actionView", "/App_Plugins/BackendExtensions/views/exportChildNodesCsv.html");
                    exportChildrenCsv.Icon = "save";
                    e.Menu.Items.Insert(e.Menu.Items.Count, exportChildrenCsv);

var exportSameNodesCsv = new MenuItem("exportSameNodesCsv", "Export Same Nodes");
                    exportSameNodesCsv.AdditionalData.Add("actionView", "/App_Plugins/BackendExtensions/views/exportSameNodesCsv.html");
                    exportSameNodesCsv.Icon = "save";
                    e.Menu.Items.Insert(e.Menu.Items.Count, exportSameNodesCsv);
                }
            }

Add some code to the umbraco javascript file (/Umbraco/Js/umbraco.controller.js) as per my example. This will push information to the html file which needs to be created in the next step.

angular.module('umbraco').controller("Umbraco.Editors.Content.exportSameNodesCsv", contentMyActionController);
        function contentMyActionController($scope, $routeParams, $http, contentResource) {
            $scope.id = $routeParams.id;

if ($scope.id == '') {
                $scope.WelcomeMessage = 'Firstly please select a node you want to export';
            }
            else {
                $scope.WelcomeMessage = 'Click on the export button to export the nodes';
            }
        }

angular.module('umbraco').controller("Umbraco.Editors.Content.exportChildNodesCsv", contentMyActionController);
        function contentMyActionController($scope, $routeParams, $http, contentResource) {
            $scope.id = $routeParams.id;

if ($scope.id == '') {
                $scope.WelcomeMessage = 'Firstly please select a node you want to export';
            }
            else {
                $scope.WelcomeMessage = 'Click on the export button to export the nodes';
            }
        }

Finally create the html file for each item similar to my example. The correct directory should be clear from the first step.

<div ng-controller="Umbraco.Editors.Content.exportChildNodesCsv">
        <div class="umb-dialog-body form-horizontal">
            <div class="umb-pane">
                <p>Export Child Nodes to CSV</p>
            </div>
        </div>

<a href="/Umbraco/Backoffice/Api/Backend/ExportChildNodesToCsv?nodeId={{id}}" target="_blank" class="btn btn-primary" ng-click="nav.hideDialog()">
                Export
            </a>
            <a class="btn btn-link" ng-click="nav.hideDialog()">
                <localize key="general_cancel">Cancel</localize>
            </a>
        </div>
    </div>

I hope this helps someone.

Kind Regards

David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: