Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vijay 3 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 06, 2017 @ 17:26
    Vijay

Programmatically Check Umbraco node permission for logged in user

Hi Team,

I am new to Umbraco . I have set up multilingual site and setup user permissions as well. For example, the user belongs to "Site A" will not access "Site B" in umbraco back office. But the user is able to access the Site through url in the browser. How to restrict this?. Is there any API to check the logged user permission to the node?. I am using Umraco 7.5 version.

Please help me to resolve my issue.

Thanks

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 07, 2017 @ 08:34
    Damiaan

Can you clarify a bit? It seems you want to check if the backend-user is logged in while browsing the front-end. Is that correct?

Apr 07, 2017 @ 11:58
    Vijay

Hi Damiaan,

Yes I want to check the backend user who is browsing the front end site. let say user "A" is added to Site "A" and User "B" is assigned to Site "B". Both of them should not able to browse other sites.

Even if we restrict the User Access permission by not giving any access. Still they are able to access each other's sites.

In Sitecore if we specify user's security access to the item, then other users will not be able to browse through URL but in Umbraco it is behaving differently.

Am i need to intercept any pipeline event for this?

Can you suggest me any solution to this ?

Thanks,

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 07, 2017 @ 13:40
    Damiaan

Hi Vijay,

We have 2 different concepts in Umbraco. We have a User and a Member. A user is a backoffice user while a Member is a front-end users.
    You use "public access" to secure the website for front-end users, while you use the "startnode" to set the startingpoint for frontend users.

I've never done a SSO for front-end AND back-end. Maybe someone else has done this.

But I guess It's doable. Maybe even with just replacing the membershipprovider (in the web.config) for the Members with the membershipProvider of the users.

Kind regards Damiaan

Apr 08, 2017 @ 06:13
    Vijay

Hi Damiaan,

Thanks for your reply.

Let me check on this.

Thanks, Vijay

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 277 posts 704 karma points
    Apr 09, 2017 @ 12:00
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

This might be useful to you..

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/multiple-start-nodes/

If the user dosent know about "the other sites", then hopefully they wont be tempted to browse for it :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft