Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Oct 06, 2016 @ 15:26
    Ismail Mayat

Custom membership issue after upgrade to 7.5.3

Hello,

We have a custom membership provider that we are using with umbraco, all been working fine. The custom table used by the provider has field id which is of type guid.

We recently ugraded from 7.2.8 to 7.5.3 and now in backoffice when u click a member in list view we get error 400.

They changed from using a custom UI for members to using the grid view. Grid view uses ID which it is expecting to be int not guid. Anyone else seen this?

Regards

Ismail

Oct 06, 2016 @ 17:21
    Ismail Mayat

So I just downloaded code from this article http://24days.in/umbraco/2015/extending-membership/ and source code https://github.com/pbres/24days.in.Umbraco.MembersProject

I then upgraded to 7.5.3. When I try to view a member and look in chrome inspector console i get:

{"Message":"The request is invalid.","MessageDetail":"The parameters dictionary contains a null entry for parameter 'key' of non-nullable type 'System.Guid' for method 'Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.MemberDisplay GetByKey(System.Guid)' in 'Umbraco.Web.Editors.MemberController'. An optional parameter must be a reference type, a nullable type, or be declared as an optional parameter."}

Regards

Ismail

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 06, 2016 @ 18:01
    Kevin Jump

I noticed something similar with membertypes and guids when testing uSync

pre v7.5.3 (maybe pre 7.5.2) the guid values for properties inside a membertype where there but always set to zeros (0000-00000) if you build a new 7.5.3 they are set to actual guids. I suspect this might be a thing with an upgrade :-(

the hacky way to fix it that to enumerate property types inside the MemberType and set the key to a guid value (Guid.NewGuid() i think ??).

Might not be this, but that's' something i noticed with 7.5.3

Kevin

Oct 07, 2016 @ 06:22
    Ismail Mayat

Kevin,

You lost me there, this is for custom member table, with umbraco one there is config option use guid else it assumes id is int. However with custom membership that inherits from asp.net membership dues not set this property.

Regards

Ismail

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 07, 2016 @ 08:00
    Kevin Jump

yeah, ignore me, my brain saw Guid and member and it obviously brought back a traumatic experience :)

Oct 07, 2016 @ 09:11
    Ismail Mayat

Kevin,

So here is the weird thing. In the gridview when you click on a member the url is

http://localhost/umbraco#/member/member/edit/2147483647

That id at the end is value of maxint. It should be the guid. If you replace the max id manually with guid then you get the member. So think there is a problem in the controller.

Regards

Ismail

Oct 07, 2016 @ 09:38
  • Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Mar 07, 2017 @ 12:30
    Søren Kottal

Hi Ismail, just ran into this too.

Did you solve your problem, and how?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft