Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Katlynn 18 posts 89 karma points
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 16:11
    Katlynn

Failed-Network error when exporting form entries from Contour as CSV

Hi all!

We've been having an error for a few weeks now in which we cannot download CSV files of our form entries in Contour. Across multiple browsers and operating systems, we are getting some version of a "Failed-Network Error" message on the file download in the tray at the bottom of the browser.

Just to clarify, we're using the icon that looks like this on the left side of the screen:

Screen One

Which gives us a lightbox like this:

enter image description here

Aaand clicking "export data" gets us this error:

enter image description here

This has been a pretty large issue for us, which we've been able to get around using the other export tools Contour offers, but we've had some trouble with corrupt exports using those other options. I'd definitely like to find a solution to this if there is one!

Thanks!

• Deejayfool 4 posts 81 karma points
    Oct 03, 2016 @ 09:23
    Deejayfool

Hello,

I got exactly the same error with Contour v3.0.22. While investigating, we found that the problem is only since Chrome v53.

The problem is that Chrome now need the header "Content-Length" when downloading a file and Contour does not provide it.

I saw that the latest version of Contour (v3.0.29) does not fix it either.

Maybe developers could add "Content-Length" in the next update ?

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Oct 05, 2016 @ 13:28
    Dan Diplo

I've just encountered this issue, too. It works with Firefox, but not with Chrome or Edge.

Has anyone logged this as an Issue? http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/CON

• Deejayfool 4 posts 81 karma points
    Oct 05, 2016 @ 13:54
    Deejayfool

No, I didn't add it as an Issue because I have no account to do this. If you can do it, we would thank you to add this issue and thank you even more if they fix it fast :) .

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Oct 05, 2016 @ 15:25
    Dan Diplo

OK, added the issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-1184

Please vote for it if you want it fixed :)

• Frank Eddy 5 posts 74 karma points
    Oct 20, 2016 @ 16:44
    Frank Eddy

We're experience the same problem on 7.4.3 across IE 11, Firefox 49 and Chrome 53, and Safari browsers. What is really odd is it sometime but rarely works.

Voted for and watching...

Oct 26, 2016 @ 16:02
    Frank Eddy

Tested using UmbracoContour.files.3.0.30.zip and it is still failing. In browser console, I see:

Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type application/octet-stream:

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Oct 27, 2016 @ 14:24
    Warren Buckley

As posted on the issue thread Frank.

OK @frank.eddy I have to hold my hands up and admit I made a mistake, the 3.0.30 build published on our.umbraco did not have the branch merged in & got slipped through the usual process of PRs being made for a GitFlow workflow.

Above in this thread I created a nightly build of that specific branch containing that fix but since getting the OK this never got merged back in.

I apologise for the inconvenience & this has now been updated on our.umbraco.org as 3.0.31 alternatively grab them from http://nightly.umbraco.org/?container=umbraco-contour

Thanks,
    Warren

Oct 27, 2016 @ 21:02
    Frank Eddy

Warren - I downloaded 3.0.31 and installed it to all of our environments and it fixes the problem as confirmed by our QA team.

Thank you, respectfully - Frank

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Oct 14, 2016 @ 09:57
    Warren Buckley

Hello all here,
    I have updated the latest version of Contour with a nightly build that contains the response header Content-Length that should fix this problem up.

A nightly build has been created here http://nightly.umbraco.org/?container=umbraco-contour

UmbracoContour.package.3.0.30.WIP-Build.1.V4.zip
    UmbracoContour.package.3.0.30.WIP-Build.1.V6.zip
    UmbracoContour.files.3.0.30.WIP-Build.1.zip

If you could install this nightly containing this fix please and let me know if this now resolves your problem. (Please backup files & DB, as always when preforming any upgrade)

Many Thanks,
    Warren

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft