Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Ritshie 35 posts 100 karma points
    Aug 12, 2016 @ 16:04
    Scott Ritshie

7.4.3 upgrade from 7.3.4... Member Types fields are locked

Hey all,

I am developing a Member login section and all works perfectly. In trying to create a forgotten password page, I wanted to give a member the ability to change password and the default member type, "Member," lacks the "Info" tab that the default macro code references, plus there's no way to change the type so that the member can view their lost password question and use it to authenticate in order to change their password.

Here's a screenshot of which I'm seeing. Am I not understanding something in this upgrade, or is there an issue? In 7.3.4, there was "Property Name," "Member can edit" and "Show on profile" displayed. I have manually changed these values in SQL to all be true...

Thanks for any assistance!

enter image description here

• Charles Williams 5 posts 71 karma points
    Feb 22, 2017 @ 14:18
    Charles Williams

I would like to know this too. Did you ever find anything out Scott?

Feb 22, 2017 @ 14:53
    Scott Ritshie

Unfortunately, I never found the answer to lost password questions, but I was able to create a lost password mechanism where the user gets a link e-mailed to them that includes their 36 character alphanumeric user GUID in the querystring. The destination page checks that against a valid user, and if found, displays a form to change the password.

Does that help as a solution?

• Charles Williams 5 posts 71 karma points
    Feb 23, 2017 @ 15:20
    Charles Williams

Actually, I was more interested in why all the member properties are locked and why I can't move a member from one member type to another. Also, you shouldn't have to manually change those values in the database. I feel like the backoffice member section doesn't work as it should.

Feb 23, 2017 @ 15:38
    Scott Ritshie

No doubt... unless we're just missing something, which if that's the case, the solution is far from clear.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft