Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Samuel 1 post 71 karma points
    Aug 04, 2016 @ 01:59
    Samuel

Allow visitors to subscribe to content update

Hi all,

Following is the scenario that I am trying to achieve:

A user is able to subscribe to a particular section in my website. Whenever the section or its sub section is changed/updated, the user gets a notification email.

Which is kind of like the notifications feature built in Umbraco, except I want to allow anyone to subscribe to it on my web page.

After two days research the solution that is in my mind is that I probably have to:

• Create a database somewhere to keep the page -> user array pairs
    • Modify the pages to ensure users can sign up
    • Use ApplicationEventHandler to extend event, and on each publish check if it would be influenced, and send corresponding notifications

So here are the questions that I want to ask:

1. Is there an easier way around it that is already built in Umbraco I am not aware of?
    2. Is there extensions that can cover the full/part of the work flow?
    3. Instead of going from events, can I change the behaviour of notifications?

Thank you for your help. Really appreciated.

Regards,

Samuel

• George 4 posts 83 karma points
    Aug 25, 2017 @ 12:56
    George

Hi Samuel,

Did you find any solution? Im searching for the same thing, a member subscribes to different posts and gets notifications by email whenever this posts are updated.

Regards George

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Aug 25, 2017 @ 13:29
    Marcio Goularte

I have a doubt. Are these notifications for Umbraco backoffice users? or for members? or also for unauthenticated visitors?

Notifications are directed to users with backoffice access. if you need to external users, visitors or registered members, your approach is the best. I already did something like this, for members I can share if that is the scenario.

This blog has an interesting implementation of notification (not tested)

http://www.felinesoft.com/blog/replacing-umbraco-services-notification-service/

Follow this post, you have a similar question:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/87707-how-to-change-or-add-recipients-for-notifications

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft