Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lucas Vogel 1 post 71 karma points
    Jun 06, 2016 @ 16:38
    Lucas Vogel

Azure AD B2C for Members, Azure AD for BackOffice

I'm looking to implement an Umbraco site that leverages Azure AD pretty extensively.

• I would like for users to register and login via Azure AD B2C
    • I would like for Back office users to login via Azure AD

I believe the second one is supported, so I'm focusing my efforts on the first one.

After some research I have tried a couple of things out:

• added UmbracoIdentity to my project. This gave me a lot of helpful code for setting up and getting started.

• created a custom Controller for my Azure AD B2B Register action. I set up a link on the main menu so that if a user clicks on the Register link they should go to the Register action within my controller and go through that process. This process makes the external calls to the Azure AD B2C process for registration.

Initially this looked promising but I've run into several issues with it, the biggest one being the Register action keeps getting called when the page loads, despite the link not getting clicked. When this happens, it tries to go to the external registration page and fails.

I'm fairly new to Umbraco so maybe I'm doing things wrong. It appears that in order to get this working, what I'll need to do is:

• figure out how to get the external registration piece to work from a custom Controller

• build custom MembersUserSTore, MembersUserManager, MembersRoleStore, membersRoleManager, and ExternalLoginStore objects that leverage the GraphAPI to get and set user information out of the directory

Before I go too far down the rabbit hole, however, could someone let me know if I'm on the right path?

• Mathias 1 post 71 karma points
    May 11, 2017 @ 07:47
    Mathias

Hi Lucas,

Reviving this to hear if you succeeded in integrating with Azure B2C for members? I'm currently investigating the same solution and it would be great if you can share some insights.

Best, Mathias

• Anton Oosthuizen 206 posts 486 karma points
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 20:36
    Anton Oosthuizen

Hi All

I'm also investigating the same solution.

Do you perhaps have any suggestions for me?

• Viktor Ekholm 8 posts 98 karma points
    Dec 13, 2017 @ 09:16
    Viktor Ekholm

Just questions, anyone with answers?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft