Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Qamar Ali 34 posts 165 karma points
    Feb 21, 2018 @ 15:55
    Qamar Ali

How can I use uSync in Umbraco and import by website to a different server?

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Feb 21, 2018 @ 16:29
    Craig Cronin

Hi Qamar,

Personally i would take a backup of the database of the site and move it across.

I would then use uSync to manage changes between development and live.

There is a content version also now, but I have never done a full export / import of the content

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 21, 2018 @ 17:10
    Kevin Jump

Hi Qamar,

as Craig says, if it's just a direct copy of everything you want then a backup of the database will do it.

however if you don't trust the install/database or some other reason and want to start afresh you can use usync to help with that.

To put the site onto a 'new' install of umbraco i would:

On the orginal site. :

1. Install uSync (& ContentEdition) if you want content
    2. On startup it will create a uSync folder with everything in, but if you want to be sure - from the uSync dashboard - do a full export
    3. make sure you know what plugings / adons are installed (for step 2 below)

New Site:

1. Build a new blank (no starter kit) version of umbraco
    2. Install all the plugins you have on the orginal on the new site.
    3. Install uSync ( & uSync.ContentEdition if you want content)
    4. Copy The uSync folder and views, css, scripts, and any other custom folders from the orginal site and put them in your new version.
    5. Restart the site / run a import from uSync - everything should come across - and be configured like the old site but on a new install.

But as Craig said, for a direct clone, its probibly easier to copy all the files and the DB - and change the connection string in web.config to your restore of the backup database.

Mar 02, 2018 @ 19:20
    Qamar Ali

Hi Kevin, Everything worked fine with your solution except there is one problem. Every page on my website works fine except the "Contact Page". I am using CodeShare Starter Kit and its Contact page is not working on my new website. Its giving me this error :

**Server Error in '/' Application.

No route in the route table matches the supplied values.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: No route in the route table matches the supplied values.

Source Error: Line 15: Line 16:

Line 17: @{ Html.RenderAction("RenderForm", "Contact"); } Line 18:

Can you please help me with this ??

Qamar

Mar 02, 2018 @ 19:22
    Qamar Ali

Hi Kevin, Everything worked fine with your solution except there is one problem. Every page on my website works fine except the "Contact Page". I am using CodeShare Starter Kit and its Contact page is not working on my new website. Its giving me this error :

**Server Error in '/' Application.

No route in the route table matches the supplied values.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: No route in the route table matches the supplied values.

Source Error: Line 15: Line 16:

Line 17: @{ Html.RenderAction("RenderForm", "Contact"); } Line 18:

Can you please help me with this ??

Qamar

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 02, 2018 @ 19:30
    Kevin Jump

Hi

I haven't played around with that starter kit, but I would guess that you are probibly missing the DLL that comes with the starter kit and contains the surface controller code for the Action being called on the Contact page.

I had a quick look and i think it might be CSUSK.Library.dll but i am not sure

Feb 21, 2018 @ 17:23
    Qamar Ali

Thanks alot :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft