Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig O'Mahony 364 posts 918 karma points
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 16:37
    Craig O'Mahony

Bootstrap Sections........

Hi all,

I've got a requirement in the Umbraco back office to be able CMS editors to create 'Sections' in a specified content Node so for example:

The editor creates the Home page and inside this page there is ability for the editor to add a section to the page and then inside this section they can add a series of 'boxes' (with each box having it's own RTE).

So, basically a section is a Bootstrap Container/Row and then each box in the section is 3 column or 4 column depending on how many boxes they've inserted.

To further complicate it they need to be able to insert more than 1 section on any given page!

I was looking to see if there was a package that for this (I know that there is Wordpress....boo!) but I can't seem to find anything in Umbraco.

Doe's anyone know if such a plugin exists?

Thanks, C

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 16:41
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

I've not tried it but you should be able to create some nested doc types (and the associated data type): Section which contains nested doc type: Content. Then add this to your page doc type.

It's nested within nested. To render it try this:

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/nested-content/nested-content-feedback/78896-rendering-nested-content-within-nested-content#comment-252076

Hope that helps.

Steve

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 16:42
    Steve Morgan

Oh - and I should have noted Nested Content is now core as of v7.7 so nothing to install.

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 17:03
    Nik

Alternatively, you could look at using the Grid for something like this as well. Create 2 row layouts, one with 3 columns and one with 4. Each of the columns only allows RTE's.

With the release of 7.7.4 (I think it was) you can now limit the number of control instances that are added to a cell so you can only allow a single RTE in each defined cell.

Both Nested Content and the Grid could lead quite nicely to this?

• David Parr 48 posts 206 karma points
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 18:03
    David Parr

I agree with Nik, your problem maybe solved by the built in grid editor type?

• Craig O'Mahony 364 posts 918 karma points
    Dec 05, 2017 @ 16:11
    Craig O'Mahony

Sorry gents Umbraco told me that this post hadn't been created (!) I got round the issue by using nested content blocks.

Thanks, C

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft