Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dee 2 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 15:36
    dee

Installing Package Created Server Error

Hello,

Today I installed (or tried to) the Export Media package.

However, after doing so and uploading, now going to my Umbraco landing page brings me a "Server Error in '/' Application" error.

I assume that the best thing to do will be to SSH into the server and uninstall/delete the package. Where on the server will the package be located?

Or, if that's not the solution, what can I do to remedy the situation?

Thanks so much, Dee

• Lewis Smith 208 posts 617 karma points c-trib
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 16:29
    Lewis Smith

If you installed the package through the package installer in Umbraco, most packages will remove all database updates when you uninstall them in the same was as when you installed them. I'm not 100% sure if nuget does this as well. First thing i would do is take a backup of the database as it stands as you dont want to make things worse :) Everything i install a package or make a major update I always take a copy of the database as a fall back measure! What type of database have you got installed?

• dee 2 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 18:11
    dee

I think, though am not certain, that the database is a SQL database. (I just inherited this code recently)

I used the package installer in Umbraco.

What do you mean that "most packages will remove all database updates"? What kind of database updates?

Is making a backup of the database the same as connecting to the server via FTP client and saving all of the files?

• Lewis Smith 208 posts 617 karma points c-trib
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 18:35
    Lewis Smith

So some packages will add tables to the database, when you uninstall the said package the tables will be removed as well.

The database will be stored either separately to the files unless you chose the default install option which installs it within the files. Find out where the files are hosted and see if they have the database files hosted there, could be something like plesk.

Hope that helps,

Lewis.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft