Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Manjunatha Govindappa 20 posts 119 karma points
    Sep 21, 2016 @ 04:26
    Manjunatha Govindappa

Plugin for Umbraco comments

Could any one suggest me an alternate plugin for Disqus Comments similar to 'UComment' for Umbraco version 7.2.X

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Sep 21, 2016 @ 07:14
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Manjunatha Govindappa,

is there a specific reason why a plugin like Disqus Comments or UComments is not suitable for you?

What do you search for in this comments package?

/Michaël

Sep 22, 2016 @ 05:11
    Manjunatha Govindappa

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

We have read lot of negative comments about Discus. To read one of the blog click here

UComments looks like not tested for umbraco version 7.2.x it was last tested for umbraco version 6.1.x but I have not installed and tested with my current website which I will do it today.

Basically what I want is 1. We should be able to use comments plugin in any content page 2. All comments should be stored as part of our Umbraco instance

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for us.

Nov 03, 2016 @ 11:28
    Manjunatha Govindappa

Since we couldn’t find exactly what we were looking from the existing comments plugins, we thought of developing our own ‘Page Comments Plugin,’ which solves the issues we were facing regarding ‘data security.’ Guys, do share your comments and suggestions for the betterment of the plugin. Looking forward to your feedback. You can Download the plugin for FREE Here.

• Ishan Vyas 67 posts 198 karma points
    Nov 22, 2018 @ 13:31
    Ishan Vyas

hiii sir i used this plugin for my blogs section page but it is showing error when ever i click submit button in comments and it does not show up any thing but in inspect i can see there are many errors. below i am attaching the screen shot of the same can you please guide me where am i going wrong in code. i followed the steps mentioned in the install doc's. enter image description here

i get this type of error when i click submit button.so sir please let me know where i have gone wrong in configuring. sample error code below

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined.  Exception occurred when checking element strWebsite, check the '__dummy__' method.
    at a.validator.check (jquery.validate.min.js:4)
    at a.validator.checkForm (jquery.validate.min.js:4)
    at a.validator.form (jquery.validate.min.js:4)
    at HTMLFormElement.<anonymous> (jquery.validate.min.js:4)
    at HTMLFormElement.dispatch (jquery-1.11.1.min.js:3)
    at HTMLFormElement.r.handle (jquery-1.11.1.min.js:3)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft