Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Oct 22, 2015 @ 15:55
    Craig100

Azure Storage Caching

Umb 7.2.8 and 7.3.0

Developed a partial view file to pull an Azure Blob Container to display as a folder and file tree. The page it sits in has access control set via Umbraco Public Access. The issue is that each time you reload the page, or even if you log out and back in again, you get a new tree appended to the last one. It's like it's caching somewhere. I don't know if it's Umbraco, .NET or Azure that's doing the caching. All I know is it's annoying and I'd like it to stop. Have tried setting things to null on load, etc, but it still happens.

Any pointers to help sort this would be appreciated.

Thnx

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Oct 22, 2015 @ 16:26
    Nicholas Westby

I assume you've developed this partial view? Have you tried setting a breakpoint in it to see what the data looks like (which would tell if you it's the data that's bad or if the view has some sort of caching that is duplicating content)? Do you know how the data for the tree is gathered?

Oct 22, 2015 @ 17:02
    Craig100

I developed it off the back of a script gathered from the web. It works ok, except on reload. If I debug it, I don't see the data and don't see anything that looks sensible regarding numbers of items or pretty much anything useful, hence looking for advice. The data is gathered using

CloudBlobClient client = account.CreateCloudBlobClient();

then

IEnumerable

then

foreach(var container in containerList) { listing = getContainerDirectories(container.ListBlobs()); }

then throw listing into a div to display.

getContainerDirectories just spits out the CloudBlobDirectories and CloudBlockBlobs as folders and files

Oct 29, 2015 @ 14:39
    Craig100

Judging by the silence I guess it isn't Umbraco that's doing the caching then. I'll bother an Azure forum if I can find one ;) If I find an answer I'll post back here. Sharing is good ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft