Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ambert van Unen 54 posts 96 karma points
    Oct 01, 2015 @ 12:58
    Ambert van Unen

4.7 migrate new server, assembly error

We're in the progress of migrating our main website to an other server.

The annoying part is that the new server is not supporting MVC3.0.

I found this article: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/running-an-asp-net-mvc-3-app-on-a-web-server-that-doesn-t-have-asp-net-mvc-3-installed saying you can add the DLL's from a MVC3 install to the bin folder. So I created a MVC3 application in visualstudio, published, copied the DLL's to my Umbraco site on the new server.

Sadly resulting in this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Now I'm currently stuck on this. Any suggestions? I normally don't even use VisualStudio so I might've done something wrong with the dll's too..

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 01, 2015 @ 19:27

Hmm the razor version you uploaded is probably newer, could you check the file properties and check the version number.

• Ambert van Unen 54 posts 96 karma points
    Oct 02, 2015 @ 08:10
    Ambert van Unen

Thanks for giving the idea to check the version number in the file properties, I indeed had a version mismatch.

I Installled the asp.net mvc3 package on my PC then took the DLL's from there. Now it works like a charm!

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 02, 2015 @ 08:20

Great :) glad it's working now!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft