Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stefan 5 posts 26 karma points
    Sep 25, 2015 @ 12:52
    stefan

Partial View with meta-tags

Hi,

Let's suppose I have a page with 10 products, when I click a button on one of the products it opens a pop-up (partial view) which has some share buttons. When I click 'Share on Facebook' it needs to have the correct meta-tags (title of the product, description of the product and image of the product). Is this possible? If so, how?

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    Sep 25, 2015 @ 13:58
    Claushingebjerg

When you say popup, do you mean a physical new window (like target="_blank") with a new document, or an in page javascript modal?

Sep 25, 2015 @ 14:03
    stefan

I mean like a javascript modal. It can also be a View not necessarily partial.

• Artyom Chernenko 17 posts 91 karma points
    Sep 28, 2015 @ 04:29
    Artyom Chernenko

Dynamically change (via JS) meta tags on popup show and revert it back on close?

Sep 28, 2015 @ 05:52
    stefan

Thanks for your help I made a 2 new views(one from controller one w/o, with umbraco template and document type) on share click I send to facebook the url for the new view which has head and tags. With JS/Ajax and the like it will never ever work, I have tried.

• Artyom Chernenko 17 posts 91 karma points
    Sep 28, 2015 @ 05:57
    Artyom Chernenko

Ah understood, FB requests back this page and expects meta tags to be presented. Then yes JS will not work. And your solution seems reasonable.

Sep 28, 2015 @ 06:24
    Claushingebjerg

As i understand the facebook sharing mechanism, it page based, so you cant "send" info to it. It loads info from the metadata on the page.

But if you have 10 products on the page, dont you have 10 detail pages about the individual products? Couldn't you share the url of the detail page? and then have the correct metadata on the detail page?

Sep 28, 2015 @ 06:32
    stefan

This is what I ended up doing.

Sep 28, 2015 @ 06:34
    Claushingebjerg

Please mark the problem as solved.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft