Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ozb3n 4 posts 34 karma points
    Jul 20, 2015 @ 04:09
    ozb3n

Getting published children of current page

Hi,

I'm starting my first umbraco project and have my first MVC views working fine. I have a simple controller action in which I would like to retrieve the children of the current item. My action looks like this:

var posts = CurrentPage.Children.Where(x=> ????)

I have been searching for quite a while now but can't seem to find anything explaining how to only load children that were published. There doesn't seem to be a property or method such as IsPublished. I have tried several different ways of filtering the children like

var posts = CurrentPage.Children.Where(x=> !x.IsDraft)

But I always get all children (I have two published test items and 2 not published items), whether they're published or not. Any ideas or suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks Ben

Jul 20, 2015 @ 06:10
    ozb3n

In case anyone is looking for an answer to this, I think I worked it out:

var contentService = new ContentService();
    var posts = contentService.GetChildren(CurrentPage.Id).Where(x => x.Status == ContentStatus.Published);

This seems to give me only the published items.

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Jul 20, 2015 @ 09:01
    Stephen

CurrentPage.Children should only return published content, but default, built-in. Non-published content are not returned to views (unless previewing). So... you should not need a filter at all.

Does that make sense?

Jul 20, 2015 @ 09:50
    ozb3n

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction it was preview mode which was causing all items to be returned! With preview mode off, it all works as expected :)

Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft