Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig O'Mahony 364 posts 918 karma points
    Jul 15, 2015 @ 08:43
    Craig O'Mahony

Loop through content in a Partial View

Hi folks,

I'm having trouble looping through content in a partial view. This is what I've done so far:

@model ICASolution.Models.QualificationsTopViewModel
                            @{
                                var page = umbraco.NodeFactory.Node.GetNodeByXpath("//Qualifications");
                                foreach (var menuItem in page.Children)
                                {
                                    @Html.Raw("<li><a href=\"#\">" + menuItem.Name + "</a></li>");
                                }
                            }

I can see that when the loop is hit that the children are being returned and I can see their properties:

enter image description here

But these properties aren't available to me in code:

enter image description here

I'm obviously missing something(!) any chance someone could fill me in on where I'm going wrong please?

thanks, Craig

• Gary Devenay 39 posts 245 karma points
    Jul 15, 2015 @ 09:21
    Gary Devenay

Hi Craig,

I would start by suggesting that you drop the use of umbraco.NodeFactory. This method of retrieving nodes is now deprecated and won't be supported in future versions.

Instead I would recommend that you use UmbracoHelper with something along the lines of the following:

Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper helper = new Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper(UmbracoContext.Current);
    var page = helper.TypedContentSingleAtXPath("//Qualifications");

foreach (var menuItem in page.Children)
    {
        <li>@menuItem.Name</li>
    }

If you check the documentation, you will notice that you can also access other properties from your DocType via the .GetPropertyValue[<T>](string propertyAlias).

EDIT: The reason that your current implementation won't work is because GetNodeByXPath will always return an IEnumerable (even if there is only one item), hence the use of TypedContentSingleAtXPath above.

Gary

• Craig O'Mahony 364 posts 918 karma points
    Jul 15, 2015 @ 09:37
    Craig O'Mahony

You, my friend, are one sexy mother!

That's driven me mental

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft