Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeremy Wiersma 37 posts 134 karma points
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 13:15
    Jeremy Wiersma

Get products matching a specific tag, using typed methodology

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get a collection of items (products) where they contain a specific Category tag.

The code I have is;

IEnumerable getProducts = null;

var categories = "";
    var productTags = "";
    var recordOrder = 1;

// Assumes only one tag will be found as specified to Editors - ToDo: Tidy up validation here
    String[] categoryTags = Model.Content.GetPropertyValue("propCategoryTag").Split(',');

foreach (var categoryTag in categoryTags)
    {
        categories += categoryTag + " ";
    }

if (categories == "all")
    {
        getProducts = getProductsDatatype.Children.OfTypes("dtProduct").Where("propHide = false");
    }
    else
    {
       getProducts = getProductsDatatype.Children.OfTypes("dtProduct").Where("productCategoryTag = categories").Where("propHide = false");
    }

foreach (var product in getProducts)
    {

So where I'm stuck is here;

getProductsDatatype.Children.OfTypes("dtProduct").Where("productCategoryTag
     = categories").Where("propHide = false");

What query can I use in a Where clause to match a Umbraco tag to a given string value in the above example?

In the above code productCategoryTag = the tag datatype on the product which identifies it's parent category, and categories = the tag of the category I'm trying to match against.

Your help is appreciated, and also a pointer to the best reference to learn more about these LINQ queries (are they also know as Lambda expressions?) and how to use them with Umbraco i.e. like a reference to umbraco specific methods, properties, etc.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

• Jeremy Wiersma 37 posts 134 karma points
    Sep 10, 2014 @ 13:36
    Jeremy Wiersma

I sorted this one out myself by going back to basics and breaking the steps down, ultimately realising that all I was doing was finding a partial string inside a larger string. Duhh.

So the statement in question simply became;

getProducts = getProductsDatatype.Children.OfTypes("dtProduct").Where("propProductCategoryTag.Contains(\"" + @categories.Trim() + "\")").Where("propHide = false");

Woot, now onto the next bug :P

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft