Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 101 posts 123 karma points
    Aug 22, 2012 @ 12:25
    Nick

Render ascx user control from razor macro in Umbraco 4.7

I've had this problem before and never got it to work but this time I have no alternative way of going around it and really need to get this working.

I have a simple ascx control that reads an RSS feed and outputs it in simple html. The code behind is pretty simple.

Then I have a razor script that renders an entire page and within a certain area of that page I want to add my ascx control.

If I add the control straight on the template like this:

<umbraco:macro Alias="SubnavRenderer" language="cshtml" runat="server"></umbraco:macro>

it works well but the blog entries appear outside the content.

So from inside the razor script I do something like this:

foreach (var item in Model.Children) 

{

else if(item.NodeTypeAlias == "Blog")

{

@Html.Raw(umbraco.library.RenderMacroContent("<?UMBRACO_MACRO macroAlias=\"BlogRenderer\"></?UMBRACO_MACRO>", Model.Id));

}

}

This renders an empty div but the content fail to render in it so the macro is half-working. I am suspecting it is connected to the lifecycle of the page. The macro has a page_load event that probably is skipped or something like that. The ascx content loads but the code behind doesn't execute so it must be a page lifecycle timing issue.

Any ideas? Many thanks

• Rahmathullah 7 posts 85 karma points
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 11:47
    Rahmathullah

Hi All,

I've a problem similar to this.(may be same)

ie;

User controls htmls are getting rendered. but its like the page_load is not working.

Please save my life.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft