Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mr A 216 posts 278 karma points
    Mar 08, 2012 @ 15:06
    Mr A

No media types available when creating a folder... in the media section

Hi, I cant see any media types when i try to right click and select create on the media node, Due to which i am not able to create folders to add images and other documents, I checked in the media types setting section, and i can see folder, image and file types there, i also created a new media type just to check if it populated the dropdown list , but nothing comes up , I am using 4.7.1.1, Have anyone came accross this issue, I cant recreate the whole project as I have too many changes in it. Below is the image:

Any suggestions or assistance will be highly appreciated 

Thanks

Mar 08, 2012 @ 15:27
    Mr A

I guess it is using the media.ascx control available under umbraco>create>media.ascx, :

<asp:ListBox id="nodeType" Runat="server" Width="350px" CssClass="bigInput" Rows="1" SelectionMode="Single"></asp:ListBox><br />

Mar 08, 2012 @ 15:48
    Mr A

Anyone??

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 08, 2012 @ 16:23
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Are you using the Structure Extensions package?  This allows you to control which document/media types can be created at the Root level (Media or Content node).  When you first install the package, nothing is allowed to be created at the root until you tell it.  So visit one of your media types, for example Folder (Settings -> Media Types -> Folder), click the Structure tab and select the "Allowed at root" checkbox to fix.

HTH,
    Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft