Imagine being paid to improve your favorite CMS!

It could be you! Umbraco HQ are hiring and are looking for both talents and senior developers. Wonderful workplace, friendly colleagues and competitive salary.

Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2193 posts 4165 karma points
    Mar 08, 2012 @ 12:16
    Fuji Kusaka

Get Current Member and Profile Image

Hi Guys,

Can someone point out how do i get to display the currentMember Name or other detailed information stored in the db and member section?

Xslt 
    <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:GetCurrentMember()/@email"/>

But How about Razor??

//fuji

• merves 23 posts 43 karma points
    Dec 26, 2012 @ 23:40
    merves

I have tried this

<xsl:variable name="member" select="umbraco.library:GetCurrentMember()" />

<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:GetDictionaryItem('FirstName')" />
                  </label>
            <input type="text" id="firstName" name="firstName" value="{$member/@firstName}" />
                </div>

But nothing returned. but when i called @loginName it returned properly. is anybody know that how i can get the member information?

• Jan Skovgaard 10758 posts 21132 karma points admin mvp c-trib
    Dec 26, 2012 @ 23:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Merves

If you're using an Umbraco version that is higher than 4.5.x then it's probably something like $member/firstName you should write (An element rather than an attribute). However to be sure what XML you have you can write the following

<textarea>
    <xsl:copy-of select="$member" />
    </textarea>

Now you can see what the XML returned looks like and figure out what element to fetch in your value-of.

@Fuji: Have a look at this post and - seems to me it has some interesting points http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/razor/19040-Working-with-members-and-Razor

You should also be able to make use of all the known extensions in Razor, which you can find documentation for here: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Api/UmbracoLibrary/ - However there currently is no documentation examples using Razor. But I think that reading through the mentioned post above should get you going.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft