Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel.S 50 posts 135 karma points
    May 06, 2010 @ 01:52
    Daniel.S

Umbraco CMS content within custom tree/section

This has sort of been asked before, but the answer still confused me...

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/4941-Hov-to-create-a-content-tree-in-my-custom-section

I've been watching the videos on umbraco.tv about creating custom sections/trees, and was wondering if it would be possible to create my own section/trees with one of the trees containing regular Umbraco content nodes.

I'm creating a site for my friend's wholesale business, and will need to write a "sync" tool that will update content on the site based on a daily export of inventory data from MYOB (accounting/inventory software). I'm just currently weighing up the options between:

Importing the data and then;

1. Creating/updating the product and category pages as regular Umbraco DTs and content
    or
    2. Creating a new section/tree(s), storing the data in custom tables, etc.

I'd prefer to store the data as regular Umbraco document types because they're flexible, and the possible caching/display issues with option 2. I was sort of hoping to be able to use the relations API to relate product nodes to their parent category nodes, and pull them into the custom tree that way.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft