Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Nov 30, 2015 @ 21:49
    Saied

Paging in custom sections in Umbraco 7

Hi,

I have a custom section in umbraco. The section just consists of text fields that come from a database. Everything is working fine (I can do all the CRUD operations). The problem is there are 8000+ tree nodes. If I lower this, the rendering in the back office is fine, but this is not an option, so I was wondering what other options are there and how would I implement them?

Is it possible to do paging in a custom section?

Instead of loading all the nodes, can I put a search box with a search button some where or a dropdown with nodes to select and whatever is searched for or selected shows up in the edit dashboard?

Thanks

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 30, 2015 @ 21:51

Hi Saied,

The convention in that case is to use a list view rather then having all the nodes in the tree. Check out the code for ui-o-matic http://www.nibble.be/?p=464 to get an idea (or maybe you can just switch to ui-o-matic)

Dec 01, 2015 @ 21:58
    Saied

Hi Tim,

I upgraded to 7.3.3. I am assuming I can use UI-O-Matic now. By default, does it try to render everything at once or does it only load the object when you click on it in the tree?

Nov 30, 2015 @ 21:52

There is also this blog post that might be helpful http://www.davidbrendel.de/en/news/2015/10/19/listview-in-custom-section/

Nov 30, 2015 @ 22:04
    Saied

Thanks Tim,

I am looking at the ListView option. I did try UI-O-Matic but got an error when I tried to run the website. I am using Umbraco 7.2+. I will try again and let you know what the error is.

Dec 01, 2015 @ 04:56
    Saied

Hi Tim,

I am having a bit of trouble with David's post. I was able to get yours working because it included a full example (data, source). I can't seem to figure out how to get the data populated in the ListView via David's post. I tried looking for complete source, but had no luck. I am assuming there is some api controller that has methods such as GetById, DeleteById, etc.

Nov 30, 2015 @ 22:08

Yeah don't think it will work on 7.2, you'll need at least 7.3, but that blog post will get you on the way to setting up a list view

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 01, 2015 @ 07:33
    David Brendel

Hi Saied,

the blog post is more centered about the Frontend part. There will be a more detailed article in the next days and demo source available.

Regards David

Dec 01, 2015 @ 13:02
    Saied

Hi David,

Thanks for doing that. Really looking forward to it :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft