Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stefano Beretta 101 posts 246 karma points
    Jul 01, 2015 @ 13:44
    Stefano Beretta

DotNetCasClient and Umbraco7

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to integrate a third party login system with U7.

The customer requires the website to have a Single Sign On system using OWA (OneKey Web Authentication) which use DotNetCasClient and I think I'm missing some logical step.

I was wondering if someone could give me some suggestions or some sample of code to correctly develop the website login, in particular the code of the post action which perform the user login.

Every help is appreciated,

Stefano

• David Negley 9 posts 51 karma points
    Jul 01, 2015 @ 14:24
    David Negley

I've been asking that same question for a couple of days, now. No responses.

We have been looking at the UmbracoMembershipProvider and the UmbracoRoleProvider classes. We are currently working on creating replacement dlls for these. It seems to work OK from the Umbraco side, but Cas doesn't seem to like the redirection that brings us back to the Umbraco site after logging in.

Hopefully, someone with Deep Magic can provide some insight into this process.

• Jason Prothero 422 posts 1243 karma points c-trib
    Jul 01, 2015 @ 19:55
    Jason Prothero

Are you trying to get it to work for the front-end (Members) or the back-office (Users)?

The new Umbraco 7.3 release (currently in beta) adds support for SSO in the back-office.

Thanks, Jason

• David Negley 9 posts 51 karma points
    Jul 01, 2015 @ 21:53
    David Negley

Just the back office.

• Stefano Beretta 101 posts 246 karma points
    Jul 02, 2015 @ 06:55
    Stefano Beretta

Hi,

for me the problem is the frontend... I'm trying to logon the member witho no redirect but on the whole documentation (or on the web) there isn't a valid example of what I'm trying...

Thanks

Stefano

• Jason Prothero 422 posts 1243 karma points c-trib
    Jul 02, 2015 @ 15:41
    Jason Prothero

I don't believe there is a package that fulfills this exact purpose, but perhaps you can take a look at the code in one of the ActiveDirectory packages to get some ideas on how to implement your own provider (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/active-directory-providers/).

Also, you might try searching for some blogs that are doing similar things like using SSO or OAuth on the front-end with Members.

Here's one:

http://24days.in/umbraco/2013/one-member-to-rule-them-all/

Thanks, Jason

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft