Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ed Parry 64 posts 252 karma points c-trib
    Jun 17, 2015 @ 10:22
    Ed Parry

Umbraco Examine PDF Search - only IndexType and NodeId appearing in index.

Hi,

I'm trying to get PDF searching working with UmbracoExamine.PDF. I've used it in the past with success, but for some reason I'm having difficulties to get it to work again now. I'm able to get an index to generate, but it only contains __IndexType and __NodeId fields, and no actual content from the PDF documents.

Here's the ExamineSettings sections:

<add name="PDFIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.PDF.PDFIndexer, UmbracoExamine.PDF" extensions=".pdf" umbracoFileProperty="umbracoFile"/>

<add name="PDFSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine" />

...and the Examine Index section:

<IndexSet SetName="PDFIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/PDFIndexSet" />

Is there anything that I'm missing? I installed UmbracoCms.UmbracoExamine.PDF via nuget, so dependencies should all be there?

• Ed Parry 64 posts 252 karma points c-trib
    Jun 17, 2015 @ 11:47
    Ed Parry

...as ever, an "uninstall -> install" process fixed this. Removing the DLLs and re-installing with Nuget, using the provided settings and index has done the trick here. Typical! :)

• jonok 297 posts 657 karma points
    Oct 28, 2015 @ 02:59
    jonok

Hi Ed, I'm having the same problem with only the node id showing up in the index, and I did the nuget uninstall & reinstall that you suggest - and it still shows only the node id field. Do you have any other ideas of what I can do to get the PDF file contents to be indexed?

• AJ 13 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 13:17
    AJ

Hi Ed,

How do we use the PdfSearcher on the partial view to search and retrieve results?

Thanks, AJ

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft