Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nikolas van Etten 202 posts 162 karma points
    Nov 17, 2009 @ 13:56
    Nikolas van Etten

eCommerce solutions

I've worked a bit on making Umbraco taking care of larger eCommerce sites but I'd say that I've never made it work as intended. So although this might be the wrong place to post I really consider using other systems for eCommerce as Umbraco at the moment has no well-working solutions taking care of this. Question is which one? I’d like to stay in MS world… Anyone got good experiences to share (not needed to be free, but affordable).

Haven’t had the time to test it yet, but I guess Courier could take care of some parts of the job if one decided to stay with Umbraco? Still quite a few issues to deal with such as the backend with lots of products to edit and keep track of etc., custom sections for orders and so on...

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Nov 17, 2009 @ 14:01
    dandrayne

nopcommerce looks good ->  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/52248/whats-a-good-free-and-open-source-asp-net-ecommerce-solution

Can't offer any first-hand experience though.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 17, 2009 @ 14:34
    Dirk De Grave

Nikolas,

Have you heard of commerce4umbraco or ucommerce. Both are targeting umbraco. First is open source, latter is not (altho dev version is free to use)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• Nikolas van Etten 202 posts 162 karma points
    Nov 17, 2009 @ 14:48
    Nikolas van Etten

Dirk,

Yes, I'm aware of commerce4umbraco, but honestly, it's not a close-to-finished product and that's been the status for a while. So I abandoned that product a while ago (unfortunately perhaps).

The other one (uCommerce) I did not know of, so thanks for the link. I'll check out the beta and perhaps this could be a good alternative! ;)

• Soeren Sprogoe 575 posts 259 karma points
    Nov 17, 2009 @ 15:00
    Soeren Sprogoe

There's also Chainbox, or you could take a peek at the notes from Codegarden 09.

/SoerenS

• Sean Dooley 288 posts 527 karma points
    Jun 29, 2011 @ 11:57
    Sean Dooley

Are there any Umbraco ecommerce solutions that support MySQL databases?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft