Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• CodeMaster2008 151 posts 184 karma points
    Dec 11, 2012 @ 23:58
    CodeMaster2008

Enable unobtrusive validation for mvc forms

The form is rendered using "Html.BeginUmbracoForm()" and the model is anotated with some validation attributes, as per sugestion on this documen: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Mvc/forms

Now, how can I enable client side validation so MVC can automatically wires up these validation attributes with the front-end? 

• CodeMaster2008 151 posts 184 karma points
    Dec 14, 2012 @ 00:47
    CodeMaster2008

After a 24 hours shift and unable to come up with a solution (couldn't get client side validation to work) I endup creating this post.
    However, after some sleep I came back and notice some problem with my code.
    Bottom line is: there is nothing special about enabling the client side validation, just had to do the same as I do in any mvc project. 

Web.config:

<configuration>
      <appSettings>
        <add key="ClientValidationEnabled" value="true"/> 
        <add key="UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled" value="true"/> 
      </appSettings>

And off course, add the javascript references.

<script src="/scripts/jquery.validate.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        <script src="/scripts/jquery.validate.unobtrusive.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I tried to delete this post though but since the "Delete" option is not working, I updated it just for fun :-)

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jun 06, 2013 @ 22:09
    Dan Diplo

Very helpful! And you can get all the jQuery files from Microsoft's CDN, too - http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/cdn.ashx

• Sébastien Richer 194 posts 430 karma points
    Jun 14, 2013 @ 23:30
    Sébastien Richer

So as a comment here, be carefull to put in these keys in the website's web.config and not that little web.config inside the views folder. I just spent 2 hours moving those to lines to the proper place :)

• Khemo 1 post 71 karma points
    Dec 10, 2015 @ 21:47
    Khemo

Thank you so much, CodeMaster2008! Your post listing the keys and scripts helped me solve my issue!

• LP 5 posts 75 karma points
    Nov 28, 2016 @ 12:42
    LP

Did anybody notice that after this change is done user panel stops working? Nothing can be done, every keystroke make the page reload with page saved message.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft