Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pinal Bhatt 298 posts 390 karma points
    Jul 02, 2012 @ 17:43
    Pinal Bhatt

how to create a package?

Hi Community

I want to create a package for my datatypes. Can anybody provide me pointer on basic steps on how to create our own package for Umbraco 4.7.2. I have never created any package before and totally new for pakage creation so i want basic ABC steps....

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

From the desk of Pinal Bhatt

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 02, 2012 @ 18:11
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

This wiki might have some nice tips: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/packages-and-projects/thoughts,-tips-for-creating-packages.

For the rest it's probably best if you go to the package tree in the developer settings and just click create. There you can see all the possibilities for creating a package. Most things are pretty straightforward.

Jeroen

• Pinal Bhatt 298 posts 390 karma points
    Jul 02, 2012 @ 18:43
    Pinal Bhatt

Hi Jeroen, Thanks for the response. I have already gone thru our.umbraco.org/.../thoughts,-tips-for-creating-packages. but is not of that use for begginer. But yes your pointer to " go to the package tree in the developer settings and just click create" was really helpful. I never knew that we can create package from Umbraco backend itself. Thanks a lot for this pointer.

• Sébastien Richer 194 posts 430 karma points
    Jan 02, 2013 @ 20:31
    Sébastien Richer

I'm trying to create a rather large package to open-source here on Our, but I'm having a hard time, like Pinal, figuring out the abc's of everything. I currently have seperate tables in my database for my module, also I currently have a project added to my VS solution along with build events to copy over files to appropriate folders. Now I'm thinking that it's not everyone using VS to build their websites, so I'll probably want 2 versions but I guess I'll look into that later.

I have custom controls for back office and also a new section for my module.

I guess I'm looking for a basic tutorial for advanced packages, with custom development.

I'll keep at it!

• Moran 285 posts 934 karma points
    Apr 21, 2013 @ 07:43
    Moran

Hi Sébastien

I am also intrested in building my own package with a different set of  DB tables and usercontrols. where can I find the proper guide to get me started? how can I get my DB tables into umbraco DB?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft